Lawrence S. Pertillar
Unexpected Is The Satisfaction That Comes - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Savor a limelight achieved,
When and if these rays upon your deeds...
Nothing accomplished before the eyes of others,
Stay in their minds as a memory...
Longer than it does in yours.
Be grateful your activities have been acknowledged.
And when the spotlight begins to dim on your efforts,
Be the first to encourage others...
To do what it is that is loved.
Unexpected is the satisfaction that comes,
When others begin to show their appreciation...
For what your devotion, loyalty and efforts have done.
Comments about Unexpected Is The Satisfaction That Comes by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda