Lawrence S. Pertillar
What Is Maintained - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Doesn't it seem as if those most delusional,
Are those in public protesting their rights.
Shouting their dislike for the 'aliens'...
Crossing their borders,
And diminishing their historic interests!
And not one product has been manufactured,
On their shores since one of the earlier wars.
They import more from foreigners than they export.
Their jobs have been outsourced.
And the land they stand on has been sold.
And few of the buyers have had passports.
What is maintained and they do keep sacred...
Is their archaic racist beliefs!
Comments about What Is Maintained by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda