Lawrence S. Pertillar
When Fixed Mindsets Have Been Focused - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Common sense is not obtained,
Through an academic process.
Not any that reflects wisdom respected,
By the many earning college degrees.
If experience could be taught,
And brought to a mind fixed on 'things'...
All of life and the quality of it,
Would have had witnessed the benefits of this.
But too busy are those in mental modes,
Driven to succeed and address their greed.
And when fixed mindsets have been focused,
On acquiring attention freed of comprehension...
There is no peace or rest to get if not earned.
Comments about When Fixed Mindsets Have Been Focused by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl