Why Do You Hide? - Poem by Jaymie Lanera
I can’t fully understand
why this is so hard for me;
I’m living the life I’ve always planned
except my heart is your prisoner you won’t set free.
I’m never sure of how you feel
or what you think of how we’ll be.
But I am sure that my feelings for you are real,
I just wish it was that easy.
When people see pictures of you and I,
they say that it’s so easy to see
how, with out your love, I could cry
and suffer from emptiness inside.
I would give anything
to go back to the time
when all we loved was feeling,
and all we felt was the love of our souls combined.
Tell me what I can do,
to stop this aching sting.
I will do anything,
to be back with you.
Comments about Why Do You Hide? by Jaymie Lanera
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl