Lawrence S. Pertillar
With A Paddle But No Canoe - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
An empathy given is beginning to wane,
For those who initiate conflict in discreet...
And do their best to create opposition.
With a doing as that demon wishes.
That demon within them that sits...
Itching at the depths of their deception.
Determined to scratch that itch!
And a pattern is set that begins to look familiar.
As the misdeeds done that deceivers do...
Eventually emerge from their shadows.
More angered than disappointed.
And those who portray their innocence too well...
Find they are stuck on a distant shore,
With a paddle but no canoe to row or motorize.
Comments about With A Paddle But No Canoe by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl