Words Of An Opressed Soul - Poem by James Royster
You came here in search of a dream.
I came here with no hope, or so it would seem.
You came here looking for money.
You brought me with you because I looked funny.
Your seed is born into opportunity.
My seed is born into hate and tortured by scrutiny.
You have no idea what it is like to walk in my shoes.
Everyday I wake up it's as if you want me to lose.
I wonder what it would be like if you were in my place?
Can you look me in the eye or will you retreat from my face?
What is it about me that cause you to have all these fears?
Do you feel my pain? Can you see my tears?
I weep for you because in death you feel alive.
No matter what obstacles you throw at me...
Comments about Words Of An Opressed Soul by James Royster
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl