James Royster Poems
- Africa Oh Motherland why do you bleed? It must be painful ...
- Identity How can I smile when 2/3 of me have been ...
- Society's Jackass You carry the burdens that have been placed...
- The Most Beautiful Thing I've seen a flower whose petals ...
- My Blossoming Heart You complete me, you make me whole, If ...
- God's Masterpiece I tried to write about you, but the ...
- Fake You were the perfect piece, but together we don't ...
I feel that poetry/spoken word is one of the most beautiful forms of communication. I am a man with too many thoughts and not enough time to express them all. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about James Royster
Oh Motherland why do you bleed?
It must be painful to watch a war between
your own seed.
The rich blood now flows out of your vein.
Two sides who fight, with nothing to gain.
Both sides refuse to hide.
Do they not realize that they are
participating in a self-inflicted genocide?
They cause you to suffer, but they have a
By killing their brother they think they are right.
The rattle of a gun has oppressed your sweet song.
This sad, new song will not cease until one
side has won.
Your beautiful skin has been ...