Evolution - Poem by James Royster
Now is the time for change!
You think you have respect because you push a range?
Like little children we have all been pacified.
Society gives us a little status and now we are all satisfied?
Oh my brother do you realize you used to be a king?
Now you’re a pro athlete, not a person but a thing.
Oh my sister at one time you were a queen.
Now you hide your beauty, you a** is all that you allow to be seen.
Like a bunch of crabs we pull each other to the ground,
but now I implore you release the shackles that hold you down!
Throughout history we have seen revolution.
Now is the time for change. It's time for our evolution.
Comments about Evolution by James Royster
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl