Yajna, The Vedic - Poem by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Yajna is the ancient Vedic ritual.
It consists of offering grains and ghee
In the havan kund, a brick enclosure,
Where fire is kindled with fuel added.
Even valuables are thrown to Agni (fire)
Elephants and horses were sacrificed.
Yajna is the means through which God is fed
Is the Aryan's age old philosophy.
Comments about Yajna, The Vedic by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl