Lawrence S. Pertillar
You Can Not Buy This - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
It doesn't matter what you have
How you got it.
If it is yours or not.
Borrowed or on loan.
New or used...
Attached to disconnect.
Stain resistant or chip proof.
The next rage or the last of its kind.
The flavor of the month,
Or something you picked up on Rodeo Drive!
The most recent trip I took with you,
Was my last.
And I meant that.
What I gave to you,
And you chose to give back?
Is not up for grabs.
And it is certainly not on sale!
You can not buy this!
I don't know what made you think you could.
Comments about You Can Not Buy This by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl