Murder Poems - Poems For Murder
Poems about murder. You can read the best murder poems. Browse through all murder poems.
A Case Of Murder - Poem by Vernon Scannell
They should not have left him there alone,
Alone that is except for the cat.
He was only nine, not old enough
To be left alone in a basement flat,
Alone, that is, except for the cat.
A dog would have been a different thing,
A big gruff dog with slashing jaws,
But a cat with round eyes mad as gold,
Plump as a cushion with tucked-in paws---
Better have left him with a fair-sized rat!
But what they did was leave him with a cat.
He hated that cat; he watched it sit,
A buzzing machine of soft black stuff,
He sat and watched and he hated it,
Snug in its fur, hot blood in a muff,
And its mad gold stare and the way it sat
Crooning dark warmth: he loathed all that.
So he took Daddy's stick and he hit the cat.
Then quick as a sudden crack in glass
It hissed, black flash, to a hiding place
In the dust and dark beneath the couch,
And he followed the grin on his new-made face,
A wide-eyed, frightened snarl of a grin,
And he took the stick and he thrust it in,
Hard and quick in the furry dark.
The black fur squealed and he felt his skin
Prickle with sparks of dry delight.
Then the cat again came into sight,
Shot for the door that wasn't quite shut,
But the boy, quick too, slammed fast the door:
The cat, half-through, was cracked like a nut
And the soft black thud was dumped on the floor.
Then the boy was suddenly terrified
And he bit his knuckles and cried and cried;
But he had to do something with the dead thing there.
His eyes squeezed beads of salty prayer
But the wound of fear gaped wide and raw;
He dared not touch the thing with his hands
So he fetched a spade and shovelled it
And dumped the load of heavy fur
In the spidery cupboard under the stair
Where it's been for years, and though it died
It's grown in that cupboard and its hot low purr
Grows slowly louder year by year:
There'll not be a corner for the boy to hide
When the cupboard swells and all sides split
And the huge black cat pads out of it.
Submitted by Andrew Mayers
Comments about A Case Of Murder by Vernon Scannell
Poems About Murder
- 1. A Case Of Murder , Vernon Scannell
- 2. Murder Me , Jennifer Rondeau
- 3. It Is Murder , Sylvia Chidi
- 4. On The Murder Of Lieutenant Jose Del Cas.. , Philip Levine
- 5. ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' .. , Dónall Dempsey
- 6. Murder Is Bad And Why? , Lonnie Hicks
- 7. (((((((( You Murder Me When You Murder.. , TaMaRa HaNaRiNg ,(((( PaLeST ..
- 8. Murder , Leon Gellert
- 9. A Murder In Chatham , John F. McCullagh
- 10. Murder, In The First Degree , Tony Avila Sampson
- 11. Murder , Yevgeny Yevtushenko
- 12. Happy Dreams Of Murder , BEAU GOLDEN
- 13. ... Murder...A Collection Of 7 Deadly Sin , Eyan Desir
- 14. (128) My Very First Murder , Risha Ahmed (12 yrs)
- 15. *time Murder, A Guilty Confession , Rommel Mark Dominguez Marchan
- 16. Being Accused Of Murder Is A Weight(Y) .. , Joe Rosochacki
- 17. (murder Poem) Shades Of Black , Ace Of Black Hearts
- 18. The Murder Of William Remington , Howard Nemerov
- 19. ...2 Kinds Of Murder Which Is Worst? (Da.. , Eyan Desir
- 20. (199) Civilized Murder (Oneryu) , premji premji
- 21. A Murder -Haiku , 2bpositive 2bpositive
- 22. Murder Me , Tajeeanah Ross
- 23. By My Murder , Is It Poetry
- 24. (murder Poem/Story) Above Suspicion , Ace Of Black Hearts
- 25. Murder , Amy
- 26. (murder Poem) A Soul Stealer , Ace Of Black Hearts
- 27. I Murder Hate , Robert Burns
- 28. Insane Culture Of Mass-Murder” (The Bill.. , Trade Martin
- 29. My Aunt's Murder , Donna Nimmo
- 30. A Murder Without Weapon , Hasmukh Amathalal
- 31. Murder , Tajeeanah Ross
- 32. Love Is Murder , Naa naa
- 33. Murder? , Chloe Smith
- 34. The Death Penalty Is Murder , Francis Duggan
- 35. Sing A Song Of Sixth Sense Mad Off Cours.. , Jonathan ROBIN
- 36. Did She Get Away With Murder? , Ramona Thompson
- 37. '6 Foot 3'......[long; Scary; Gross; Mur.. , Bri Edwards
- 38. Murder , Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 39. Murder And More Murder, Sex, Rock'N Roll.. , Is It Poetry
- 40. Murder Is Murder , Jared Ashby
- 41. Sonnet: Abortion- Murder, Most Foul In T.. , Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar ..
- 42. Murder In The Womb , Dr. Yogesh Sharma
- 43. Reliance On Murder , Naveed Akram
- 44. Senryu - 20 (A Murder) , M. Asim Nehal
- 45. Birth Control Is Murder! , Ramona Thompson
- 46. The Murder Of The Orient Express , Joe Rosochacki
- 47. A Mysterious Murder , Alon Calinao Dy
- 48. Black On Black Murder…..Addressed , James B. Earley
- 49. Murder A Deplorable Crime. , Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 50. Charlie Hebdo; Murder Most Foul , Dr. Yogesh Sharma
New Murder Poems
- A Matter Of Murder, Manuel Abis
- American's Love Grafic Murder Drug's And.., Is It Poetry
- To Me The Death Penalty Is Murder, Francis Duggan
- Lines in Defence of the Stage, Max Plowman
- When Broken Hearts Bleed Pain in Darkness, Aberjhani
- Honour Killings In Pakistan Shame Us, Terence George Craddock (aft ..
- The Ar-15, Joseph Narusiewicz
- I Wonder About World Religions, Jim Yerman
- Murder Myself, Ken Bennight
- Murder At Two O'clock, Heaven's Authority
- carpe diem