Scarborough Gypsy Poems
- Forty Is An 'F' Word I look into the mirror By accident ...
- Cup Of Rain He’s written his rules In invisible ink She’s ...
- Alcohol Abuse Is Not An Addict... Am so afraid of how you ...
- Love In A Teacup Shop of curiosity, dimly lit within wall ...
- Kindled Spirit This one's a real scorcher A flaming true one...
- Digitally Correct I lay awake in my bed Awaiting only ...
- Cry For Me Cry for me, please cry for me, I want you to ...
Gypsy has been living in Australia since 1992 but was borne and bred in London. She has travelled extensively and now resides in the coastal town of Scarborough in Perth Western Australia. Gypsy is a happy go lucky person who believes that fun and laughter should go hand in hand with life.
Writing now since the age of thirteen, the poems that she writes are mainly inspired by life experiences. She likes to vary her subject matter as much as possible and tries to offer the reader a wide scope of emotions to experience through her work.
If you were going to read any of Gypsy’s poems her recommendation would be to start with “The Decorator”, “Love In A Teacup” and ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Forty Is An 'F' Word
I look into the mirror
By accident these days
For it’s not my own reflection
That meets my startled gaze
Instead an ageing woman
Stares back into my face
With sagging tired complexion
That can’t keep up the pace
Of someone ten years younger
Who doesn’t need much sleep
And eats and drinks and parties
Without falling in a heap
And I’ve bought all the cosmetics
For anti ageing skin
But they’ve not made any difference
I should chuck them in the bin
And go and get a face-lift
Some subtle tucks and nips
A bit of liposuction
To loose these ...