Ailbhe Cullen Poems
- Descend Into Darkness Descend into Darkness with me my love, ...
- Sunshine And Storms keep your sunshine, your swealtering ...
- Prittstick And Glitterglue Fit the pieces together again, ...
- Unfinished That evening I returned to you, Light from the ...
- Tell Me Choices, choices, so many choices. You say I have ...
- Careers Fill in the circle Completely. With your HB ...
- The A1 Student The airy heights of this pedestel So far from...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Ailbhe Cullen
Descend Into Darkness
Descend into Darkness with me my love,
Embrace the night, it's velvet caress.
Let me show you my secret abode,
Impenetrable to the harsh urban lights.
Come follow me down to this underworld,
To the caverns and taverns which I frequent.
And drink a draught or two with me,
Of hemlock, pure and strong.
Leave hat and jacket at the door, my love.
Discard your daily guise.
This place begs no formalities,
No pretense, no protocol.
Come traverse with me this barren land,
The void which threatens to swallow me whole.
And my midnight cloak I'll...