Alyssa Taylor Poems
- Beautiful When I wake in the morning and find myself buried ...
- Song Of The Stars I say we pull back the curtains and open ...
- My Grandmother's Song My grandmother had hair the color of ...
- Icy Blue Eyes (This is a poem based on WWII.) We stood ...
- The Nightingales' Lullaby Their songs are reaching me, ...
- Epiphany Of The Gypsies Rising up and leaving my lessons ...
- Rain The doors are opening and slamming shut in time with ...
Writing has been my life since 6th grade, and I've been addicted ever since. Poetry is my passion, but hopefully some day I'll write a few novels also. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Alyssa Taylor
When I wake in the morning
and find myself buried in crumpled unsent-letters,
of broken pencils, ink smears, and run-down erasers,
when I wake in the morning
and find myself buried on the floor,
I know it will never be enough.
When I stand beside my window
and listen to the raindrops patter and tap against my roof
and when I lean out into the darkness
and let the raindrops penetrate my skin,
even if I recognize the sweet scent of rain
I am still numb.
When I am passing through crowded cities,
tripping and falling across the concrete, ...