Brian Mattern Poems
- Here's One For The Road (Ode T...
- Forever Mortal motions of obedience suggesting
- Blessed Are Those Who.. Feeble speak through parables, not ...
- '..Sing To Me, Sing To Me When...
- Inflating The Bubble, Well, Po...
- Or Whatever thinkin' bout conception, of all things ever ...
- Helter Skeleton Uncertainty, like disease, leaves me standing...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Here's One For The Road (Ode To Ram Dass)
Uncertainty, like history,
it's a rising flood, engulfing me.
This ego of mine surely won't last.
As it struggles for air,
'I' let it drown in the past.
The tide pulls back,
and a wind pulls me in.
The shore I am sure,
is a place to begin.
Naked as light,
a smile is born.
It chases the face,
of a child, to adorn.
Inner peace, in a beautiful world.
Tragedies cease, as flowers unfurl.
So, please drink from the fountain,
you seem parched and uncouth.