Catharine Macauley Poems
- So And I Love Him So and I love him, And it hurts me, Not...
- In The Stillness Of The Mornin... In the stillness of the ...
- Eve Oh Eve what did you do? When you took that first bite? ...
- Bitter Coffee The steam rises off of my latte, twists in the ...
- How Will We Pay? How will we pay? In dollars, in pounds, in...
- For Two Strangers Two strangers, to each other, but mostly to...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Catharine Macauley
So And I Love Him
So and I love him,
And it hurts me,
Not just on the inside either,
As I have found myself over the years in the emergency room at the hospital,
Crumpled at the bottom of the stairs,
And, the most surreal of all, having my picture taken by a crime scene investigator,
I remember how bright his eyes were,
How soft his cheeks were,
I used to try to kiss them over and over,
He always pulled back,
I wish I could pull back,
And then I hate myself,
And then I hate him,
And then I love him more because I feel guilty,
He is a Dr. Jekyl ...