Cooper Gilliland Poems
- The Lyrics Of My Life This is a strength born of misery A ...
- Time What darkness closes in to steal your breath? In ...
- Trapped The darkness that binds this heart in my chest is ...
- My Faces Through endless days I hide behind A row of masks ...
- Impulse On impulse drown your sorrow and misery, behind the ...
- Internal Destruction With my closing breath, ragged and ...
- When The Smoke Clears Before me a field lies covered in ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The Lyrics Of My Life
This is a strength born of misery
A focused cut of my insanity
And I scream as the darkness
I'm drowning in a sea of blue
And I know that there's no one to save me
Locked in the gaze of disappointment as
I... Hold... On!
Fighting to stay above the surface
As I suffocate under words of sorrow
And my apathy, pulling me down, whispers
Just... Let... Go!
Perfect chaos, gripping me tighter
gives me peace in the eye of the storm
Laughter spills from twisted emotions as
I... Let... GO!