Amanda Lukas Poems
- ... And When She'D ...And when she would smile and tell me ...
- (.2) Daddy Daddy never knew me. He never took the ...
- (16) When He Sleeps I see his sleeping eyes in the ...
- (11) Kissing My Tears Away He holds me while I cry and ...
- (.6) Mending A Broken Heart I sometimes wish we'd never ...
- A Desperate Heart A desperate heart, tattered and torn and ...
- (13) Thunderstorms And Butter...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
... And When She'D
...And when she would smile
and tell me that it was okay to cry,
I'd cry in her arms and know I was loved.
... And when she let my friends come over
to paint our shoes with her expensive acrylic paints,
we'd laugh together and my friends never wanted to leave.
... And when she'd sing, I'd tell her not to,
not knowing that music was
one of the only things that could brighten her day.
... And when I dream about her,
I know she's still with me,
singing me through my nights
and brightening my days.
Patricia, you are admired.