edward serof Poems
- *lickerish *Irish archaic: eager to taste or enjoy A wood ...
- My Haiku, Or Maiku, Part 1 to the power of seventeen ...
- Gone Too Far, Thus to her Holy Rosary and Unruly ...
- Right On Time to all school bus drivers So much ...
- Wired, Less to becoming wired, less Surge the reigning ...
- White Columns to the many wee morning hours when... Brown ...
- Just Before Crying To the bloody ravages of a most bloody ...
Sound, well-written, meaningful poetry makes every word count. There can be no waste, for the world of literature, published and amateur, abounds with much froth and little substance. Really good poetry, I feel! It is visceral and scant and so damned elusive, yet so soulishly refreshing, and even redeeming. My most sublime intimate encounters (which our present culture is... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about edward serof
*Irish archaic: eager to taste or enjoy
A wood most wild,
Afar on a knoll,
Bades a good man swamped
to wade and weed a corporate maelstrom,
Too mired in nothing natural but greed,
To come and claim again
The fine hiding of unswept forest
That first sired his boy joy
And a strong love, whose Lady for 33 sweet years
Helped anchor his truer, more noble, most simple
Yet real aim.
Their created purpose:
To dance ridges and hollows
Of the Tallapoosa plain as old man McCrary must have
Long before cars, current, or running water