Emma Atkinson Poems
- My Heart Is A Dam Breaking I don't want to be in love, But ...
- Mine My Love, you are the sun, By you is day begun, And ...
- Closed Eyes If I were to close my eyes, Breathe you in, ...
- Love I am fire, indiscriminate, intense, Light both ...
- The Sea My love is an ocean, Rhythmic and constant as the ...
- Things I Cannot Bear I cannot bear the thought of sleep. I ...
- Do You Love Me? Do you love me? Answer, please, I beg of ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Emma Atkinson
My Heart Is A Dam Breaking
I don't want to be in love,
But I am.
My heart is a bursting dam
I am trying so hard to contain.
I swear I will go insane.
I will lose my mind.
I will not think of him again.
I will not,
Even when all I can see is his face.
I scrub and scrub, hands red and blistered,
But nothing can erase-
No, nothing can erase him from my dreams.
I sit on the floor and hear the echoes of my screams
As they rise blood-red in the night.
His face haunts me like a ghost,
Lurking behind every thought passing through my head
So that I lie sleepless in ...