Ephraim Kenyanito Poems
- Ghetto Friday T'was on a Friday, I'll recall that Mayday.
- I Hope I hope I am right; As I labour in the rain,
- Falling In one's lifetime; At one a time;
- Debts Unpaid I sit down; Thoughts rain on me in torrents,
- Black Funeral Song All clad in black, Others in forms of ...
- Fate Fate, ooh! Fate! Fate? All your games I hate!
- Poet's Agony Including the rhyme, Conserving time.
His interests are Youth Work, Human Rights, Transparency and International development. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Ephraim Kenyanito
T'was on a Friday,
I'll recall that Mayday.
Walking down the street,
Young men; jolly I meet.
I ask em', "where you up to? "
They say, "don't you know? "
I ask, "what? "
They answer, "It is a Ghetto Friday! "
It then hits me as never before!
How had I fogortten? !
It was aday to be happy,
Welcoming the weekend.
Singing round the shanties we called home.
Drinking the obvious;
Indigenous African brew!
Not caring anymore, ...