Femi Folami Poems
- Voodoo She chanted holy words, my momma did. And me, ...
- Beginning in the beginning, i saw the light so i embraced ...
- Animism And Cosmic Order The snake and the snow goose ...
- My Mind Speaks In My Aloness I. We can come together,
- Albert C. So simple then to ask that all that would be
- Reach Reach into memory, remember unions, unspoiled, ...
- Ahhhhhhhhh Aminatu cries when she makes love, while Abena ...
Born in the fifties at a time when America was in the midst of it's jim crow era and segregation was at its peak, Femi Folami-Browne was born to parents deeply affected from incidences that occured in the rural south. Her parents, though were brave enough to pull up stakes and move to Miami to help in Henry's Flagler's folly of creating a tropical paradise from the murky swamp land he purchased. ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Femi Folami
She chanted holy words,
my momma did.
And me, listening all
the while from the inside,
thought I had better
appear, before she
blew her magic trick.