heather sweeting Poems
- Something Moved The crack of a twig, the twitch of a tail, ...
- Social Mobility Social mobility, all in all is a laudable ...
- Spring Our snow weary world tires of winter, and rain ...
- Bees Busy bumbling, stirring, stumbling, wildly fanning ...
- A Grandchild's Kiss
- Jack Your passing was done in a moment, Separating all that...
- At The Turn Of The Tide... Just before daybreak, along the ...
Retired Nurse Manager, now helping in Primary schools and enjoying time with grandchildren. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about heather sweeting
The crack of a twig, the twitch of a tail,
Something moved on the jungle trail.
Crickets chirped in the warm night air,
And all the time, something else was there.
Moonbeams played on a tawny back,
Well hidden on that jungle track.
A man walked watchfully along the path,
In one hand a rifle in the other his staff.
Eyes looked around unblinking and bright,
And something moved in the shadows that night.
A hovering paw, a lithe silhouette,
To leap..To strike? Not yet, not yet...
The man, sensing movement, froze then turned,
Two amber eyes in the ...