Hemang Desai Poems
- Aghori Wearing the apparel of sky tangly matted hair a ...
- Celebrating The Immersion Of E...
- Dirge On The Death Of Daredevi... history says ‘never ever dare...
- Proviso I asked the sweltered sanguine sun slinking into the...
- Van And Shwan Swollen-faced simian spread-eagled Red ...
- The Original Sin they say an apple a day keeps blinding ...
- Kaffeeklatsch ‘tis true coffee rouses you in all five ...
Hemang Desai, born 1978, is a bi-lingual poet writing in Gujarati, his mother-tongue, and English which he teaches and translates from / into. He has Master's degree in English and holds a Ph.D.for tanslating poems and short stories of the eminent Gujarati writer Sundaram into English. He is a lecturer in English at Vapi, Gujarat, and has major research interest in literary translation practice ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
‘tis true coffee rouses you
in all five senses
more sublime than liquor does
and no sedimentation feared
a cup of cold coffee over a hot controversy
and the quadruped in you
raises to be a biped
to touch the posterior of platitudes
like a piggy mounting a sow
ejaculating ismic sperms
stale and contagious
a cup of coffee over a salacity
and your ears become sensitive to
almost anything low
crooning of crickets in claustrophobic corners
burbling of the wiggling wind
and the hearsay of your hearing dog
a cup of coffee over ...