Humera Sultana Poems
- My Journey Who am I? I am the first cry Of a new-born ...
- Epiphany As the tear of Time Trickled down the Face of ...
- Death In Winter Death in Winter When I should die I would ...
- Memories Sitting on the fence of memories I saw them passing...
- Unrequited Love I saw a rose bloom on my grave Crimson in ...
- Toys Of Clay My Love! Remember those days When you and I ...
- Seed Of Love In the soil of my heart I sowed a seed called ...
I teach English Literature at Imam Bin Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.I got my doctorate in English Literature (Literary Criticism) from MANUU, Hyderabad, India. Besides studying English Literature, I calmed down my spirit of curiosity about understanding Islam by doing my Master’s in Islamic Studies from Osmania University, Hyderabad, India. OU applauded my spirit of enquiry by awarding ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
'The strength of a broken woman sparkles in each and every fragment of her scattered self. Therefore when she gathers herself she outshines all the factors that broke her to pieces'.woman
Who am I?
I am the first cry
Of a new-born baby
Naked and utterly helpless
Wailing-‘Love me, for I am
Yours, Mother. I come from the
Deep recesses of a sacred womb.'
I am an intoxicating attribute of God
Whose oneness I utter in every prayer
I am the tread of every young and old
That hither to the call of prayer.
I am the quiver aroused by the touch of the beloved
The bruise on my beloved’s lips
A kiss whose lingering taste
Wakes me up to its moment
I am the glisten of the beads of libido.
I am the charm that hangs around your ...