Igwe Kalu Poems
- Ii. A Traversal Of The Great R... The children of men ...
- V. My Plea
- I. The Place For My Love-Only ... There is a path asleep I'll...
- Xiii. Night Night brooding, come upon my eye Urge me into ...
- X. Telepathy The air brings this scent To me, it hits my ...
- Iv. Good Shepherds
- Viii. Drift The sun sets it shining In fine orange ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Ii. A Traversal Of The Great Rain Maker
The children of men have come to me,
They say to me
'Give us our word for the rain,
And so to the rain.'
The rain maker stands, betwixt
The faces of men and their retinue of wealth,
And the liberty at the heart of the rain.
But the great man of thought…
'-The rain sleeps, when it wills
Let it be, lest
Its restlessness grows
Mightier than my chest -
'-Let men mourn with the rain,
As does the rain…'