Jake Baker Poems
- Pick- Up Man He's hunter you'd assume Because of the bullet ...
- The Westerner Mounted apon a reliable appoloosa riding free ...
- It's Hard To Let Go The restless winds blow your scent ...
- Ode To The Fence Stretched tight built with ...
- Against The Grain Aches overcome my body but the real pain ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Jake Baker
Ode To The Fence
built with anger
Capturing a town
Each barb waiting for it's chance to gorge the enemy
Each strand holding strong, allowing no penetration
a single fence separates two evils
one seeking power
the other revenge
Pressure tightens the strands
the barbs shred the stampeding devils
the strands hold their ground till all ground is lost
three sharp snaps force the peaceful frontier to become Hell's battle ground
On the Kiowa Trail there is no barrier of good and evil
only the boundaries of life and death