Jay LeBron Poems
- Letting Go I reminisce on the past, at the times that didn't ...
- I Messed Up I wake up in the night from a horrible dream I...
- Do You? Do you ever wonder if he's thinking of you? Or when...
- Missing The Field I walk now feeling unimportant and ...
- No More No more pain in my life, now I can sleep well at ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Missing The Field
I walk now feeling unimportant and alone.
And oddly missing the sweat and aching bones.
I ask myself why, why did I cry? When I wanted it to end,
Was I telling myself a lie? Was it because we lost?
Or was it because it was all over?
Or maybe it was the fact that we'd play together no longer.
For the first time in my life, a piece of me died.
What was once routine,100 yards we would stride.
While it was happening I wondered what I would do.
Just work on my grades, try to get into a good school.
But all that feels irrelevant, and somehow strange.
Why in ...