Jeremy D. Grimes
Jeremy D. Grimes Poems
- The Church Made For Burning The scientists left with the ...
- Cicadas Every fourteen years they warp to our town The ...
- Tools Of Destruction No life or structure was spared From ...
- A Note On Apathy Sing- Oh woken Bosnian child, Sing to the ...
- The Window The sky above the endless fields, Where clouds ...
- The Sunday Visitor Three pews from the back of the church she...
- Supermarket Parking Lot At 11 ... Cool wind A bleak spring ...
Currently attending the University of Evansville; I am double majoring in Art and Education in addition to a minor in Creative Writing. I hope to obtain my doctorate and teach at a college level. In my freshman year of college I won several awards including: Outstanding Freshman Artist and 1st Place for Poetry in the yearly writing competition. I will most definetly be writing and doing independant artwork in addition to teaching.
'There is no remedy for love but to love more.”
-Henry David Thoreau more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Jeremy D. Grimes
The Church Made For Burning
The scientists left with the flames
As did the poets and false-prophets
Surrendering to the ashes from which they worshiped
Only a tortured frame survived
Angels visit the site now
Relegating the anti-Word that was spoken here
An optimistic alpha to preach the Good News
Water that was turned into wine
Omega. Wine turned to blood
But rain will fall on anything
And the dead ashes were no exception
The church made for burning
Now a moment to be forgotten
But surely to be repeated
The apes are playing in the ...