Jerry Hoffman Poems
- Dependence Dismal dawn of inner city Filters through the ...
- Helter Skelter Running here Running there Helter ...
- The Other Tragedy At Virginia ... The smell of blood was in ...
- In Silence In silence the star, Proclaimed Jesus' ...
- I Wonder I still remember by-gone years As I sat on ...
- Choice 'Give me my choice! 'cry the masses 'Freedom to do my...
- Armageddon Rancid pride Cancroid's ill Offspring of the ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Jerry Hoffman
Dismal dawn of inner city
Filters through the curtains' tears
Cardboard windowpanes creating
Patchwork quilt of dusty squares
On the bed, a moan is uttered
As it's owner turns to see
Who has spent the night beside her
Purchased love, lost dignity
Silently her partner rises
Without glancing at her face
Conscience seared beyond all feeling
He paid well for her disgrace
Hardened lines on granite forehead
Mask the teardrops in her eyes
Strength's last hope is seen as weakness
Still, her inner spirit cries
Reaching out, she grasps ...