Jon Newkirk Poems
- Nature's Date I brought you virgin flowers on our first ...
- Playin' House She turned from me from the kitchen sink, her...
- Earth Day If we only love today from our hearts; in nature, ...
- It Was Love, It Was Blind Do you know the place where we ...
- Free Bird A bird I long to see bringing me cheer... I will ...
- In The Heavens Of The Hung Tre... The old man sits under the ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Jon Newkirk
A bird I long to see
bringing me cheer...
I will cage you
by my side, so I can have
your beauty everyday when
Oh, beautiful bird, oh, beautiful,
why not bring me joy?
I used to hear your pretty
voice; how your eyes gleamed.
Come out bird, come out and
I see you staring outside
wondering when to go back.
I shall let you free, bird.
You stopped bringing me joy,
you stopped singing with your voice.
Just what use are you?
Fly away bird, fly away...
Out the door you go, flying away,
singing of our past ...