Katie Jensen Poems
- Seven Deadly Sins: Envy The sun gazed in silence upon the ...
- Rainstorm It comes crashing down without warning, Raining ...
- Clocks And Clockwork Twisting, turning… The sounds of metal ...
- Implications Child… Such a word. It implies so many ...
- Child Am I not but a child? How can I possibly understand ...
- To Flee Can I run away? Before my heart is torn apart, ...
- For The Ones That Say 'Never' Should anyone say that it will ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Katie Jensen
Seven Deadly Sins: Envy
The sun gazed in silence upon the silver moon,
Jealous and angry that the moon shone every night.
In silent envy, she impatiently waits
For the moon to move, and for it to be her turn to emerge.
She ran out of patience.
She demanded of the moon
That she be allowed to come-out.
But the wise moon refused.
“All things must run its course.
If the moon was to be thrown from the sky,
What would become of night? ”
“I would rule the night! ” Declared the sun,
In all her foolishness.
“Then the night and the day would be ...