Kevin Carlson Poems
- Ars Poetica (It's been done. That makes it harder to do.) ...
- Evening Walk The night air falls down, down filling in the ...
- Strangers Slightly smiling, the man in the hat walked my ...
- Horses For Erin In 1979, a teacher of Poetry named John Q. ...
- Changes 'If you want to see, see right at once. When you ...
- Marzipan She wears colors because she is afraid not-to.
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Kevin Carlson
(It's been done. That makes it harder to do.)
Don't lock yourself in a room with a word called 'Poetry' -
It will breathe all the Oxygen.
Instead, recognize that the word is the room.
And that room is the world.
Don't try to hunt it with bow and spear-point -
It will only laugh at you, escaping
as the air escapes the clapping man.
Instead, laugh with it -
and escape with it also.
In your anger, don't even try to step on it -
it will disappear, but not for the reasons you thought.
Do not follow it, neither let it follow you.
Instead, be ...