Nic Custer Poems
- A Lie It seems I've been lying. I didn't grow up on the ...
- Shotgun Mouthwash I signed my name once again and lost ...
- All Writers Are Haunted All writers are haunted by the ...
- Hungry Streets And House Arres...
- Piano Key Rib Cage Pawning off early morning dreams for ...
- The Hunt Sharing cigarettes, guzzling dark swill; their ...
- Earth Bound Love Poem Cumulo nimbus bangs and storm clouds ...
I am a liar who spins only truth.
I am tomorrow's news happening today. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Nic Custer
It seems I've been lying.
I didn't grow up on the streets.
I didn't struggle with the choice
of a gun in my hand or a bullet in my chest.
I have never shot heroin
into collapsed veins in my neck
and never sold my soul for coke.
I wasn't born with a silver spoon
but it wasn't wooden either.
Closer to lead really,
just right for poisoning the spirit.
I have never been homeless by necessity,
although by choice is another issue.
I have never been incarcerated, unless
you count the lockdown in my mind.
I have never slit my wrists because
mommy and ...