Owen Johnston Poems
- Manifest Destiny How wild was the west? How true rang the ...
- Of Dreams And Ambitions From the day a soul Is pulled from ...
- Zen Garden Haiku
- The Enchanted Forest Of Poetry On a lonely night And a lone ...
- Ladybug Haiku
- Ghost Hunting There is a ghost in the shell Of every old ...
- Castle Of Bones I built a castle of bones From my closet of ...
Owen Johnston is a native of Lake City, SC, a small and traditionally agricultural town in the Pee Dee area. He teaches martial arts as a way of life, lives with two impossible cats, and dates the most amazing woman in the world. Poetry and literature in general have been among his large variety of interests for most of the author's life. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Owen Johnston
How wild was the west?
How true rang the gold,
That men sought and killed
How mighty the steed,
And how much mightier
The man who rode it
And held the law on his hip?
How long the roads of those days?
How deep the secrets?
Would the spirits of
Doc Holliday and Wyatt Earp
Speak to us in the old saloon?