A Bumblebee Turns Gay - Poem by Herbert Nehrlich
There was a little bumblebee
he went down on his bumble knee
and told the queen that he was gay
this message caused her much dismay
new friend remarked 'you humble me'.
The queen said, listen, bumblebee
I will not let you wander free
your work is here and you must breed
to plant in me that precious seed
lest all your steps a stumble be.
So bumblebee did stumble free
got off his little bumbleknee
and hand in hand with his new lover
took to the air, briefly to hover
their wings a constant mumble, see?
And both our poofter bumblebees
had taken with them rumble keys
the queen sent kamakazi drones
to apprehend and smash their bones
so they became two tumblebees.
Comments about A Bumblebee Turns Gay by Herbert Nehrlich
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl