A Dead Man Writing - Poem by Chenou Liu
A Tanka Prose
for Ernest Hemingway who claimed that
The important thing for a writer is to tell a good story...
The best ones are liars.
Death has a boot
on my neck
the first line for him
I'm a slave to words
Who is really interested in reading your poetry? A smirk on his face.
I have nothing important to write, I say, All I can do is sit down at the computer and bleed. If no one reads it, you, Death, will be my reviewer.
Comments about A Dead Man Writing by Chenou Liu
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl