A Found Fragment - Poem by jerry hughes
'the Somme 1916'
I'm scribbling in incessent rain
and mud has turned to slush.
The stench of death is all about
and god's deserted us.
Last night I saw a young lad die,
he cried his life away.
I felt so bloody helpless -
Will it be me today?
Comments about A Found Fragment by jerry hughes
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl