A Wish - Poem by David Harris
Sometimes I wish
I were a million miles away
from where I am sitting now.
A place of peace and harmony,
somewhere where the sun always shines
and a cooling breeze blows
just to ruffle the hair.
is just a dream from the past.
A place where you can do things
you really want to do,
instead of being under the thumb
of the root of all evil, money that is.
Sadly, that is a wish,
which will never come true.
4 August 2008
Comments about A Wish by David Harris
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda