All In The Bink Of An Eye - Poem by Amanda Lukas
All in the blink of an eye, you were gone,
leaving me speechless, confused,
wanting another glimpse of you.
I long to see your perfect imperfections
and to hold you close to my heart.
The old mirror on the wall fell
and I stood there, helpless,
unable to save it -
only time to watch it shatter.
I carry you in my heart
and my heart is filled to the brim.
You burst out in flecks of light and color
and all who know me know you.
I am unable to contain you.
They see you even though they've never seen you.
They know you but they don't know you're there.
Comments about All In The Bink Of An Eye by Amanda Lukas
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl