(16) When He Sleeps - Poem by Amanda Lukas
I see his sleeping eyes in the moonlight.
He is beauty in his sleep.
I know he'll awaken and hate me;
I've gotten in too deep.
I watch him in his slumber, when
our love is pure and sweet.
I know he'll wake to tell me lies
yet, I cannot bare to leave.
I'm watching over him while he sleeps
wondering of what he dreams.
In the morning, he'll wake me with threats on my life,
but he loves me when he sleeps.
Comments about (16) When He Sleeps by Amanda Lukas
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl