... And When She'D - Poem by Amanda Lukas
...And when she would smile
and tell me that it was okay to cry,
I'd cry in her arms and know I was loved.
... And when she let my friends come over
to paint our shoes with her expensive acrylic paints,
we'd laugh together and my friends never wanted to leave.
... And when she'd sing, I'd tell her not to,
not knowing that music was
one of the only things that could brighten her day.
... And when I dream about her,
I know she's still with me,
singing me through my nights
and brightening my days.
Patricia, you are admired.
Comments about ... And When She'D by Amanda Lukas
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda