Tears of sorrow ...
Are You Truly Happy? - Poem by Tears of sorrow ...
Is one able to smile when told to?
Is one truly happy with their life as it is right now?
Can you smile when asked if you are happy?
One can say he is content with life.
Yet there is that thought that lingers on his mind.
'I am content, but not happy.'
Yet if he were to say such a thing
He would be looked upon ungrateful when he truly is not.
Yet he has no choice but to lie those around him.
And put on a fake smile when it's truly a frown.
Do you not feel that empty void in your heart? In your life?
As each passing day goes by
As time moves forward without a care.
Same old routine, sky is blue and trees are green.
I ask again.
Can you smile when asked are you happy?
Comments about Are You Truly Happy? by Tears of sorrow ...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl