Awkward - Poem by David Harris
Sometimes we find it awkward,
just to say that I love you.
Maybe it is because the words
are used too many times,
and loses the true meaning there,
of what the words really mean.
They are said just to flatter,
no emotion behind them there.
They are said to appease one,
who thinks you strongly care.
However when I say it,
the words come from my heart.
That is why I don’t often say them,
unless I really mean they are true.
Comments about Awkward by David Harris
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl