Can You Spare A Dime? - Poem by Herbert Nehrlich
Oh Bro, can you spare a dime?
I need to get some soup and bread
to feed my brain so it can rhyme
there is a glut inside my head
of words and letters, ribbons, buttons
to be let out in splendid birth
but poets in their heads are gluttons
we give and take from this great earth.
So can you spare just one small dime
I'll make for you the sweetest rhyme.
Comments about Can You Spare A Dime? by Herbert Nehrlich
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl