****determination - Poem by Meggie Gultiano
Determined was she to finish the race,
a little girl of just four;
born alas without a left foot
but Jelian has so much more.
With courage few could understand;
strength of character beyond her years,
she took part in sports events for disabled folk,
receiving the loudest of audience cheers.
For other disabled people
laden with personal doubt and despair,
she provides them with inspiration,
encouraging them to dare.
The epitome of innocent, child-like faith,
determination and true grit,
this gallant girl fought on and on
blessed with plenty of spirit.
She is Jelian.
Comments about ****determination by Meggie Gultiano
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl