Empty - Poem by Mark Normand
Today just like so many days I waste away to nothing.
Standing here, frozen by fear, I feel I must do something.
The light within has grown so dim; the sunshine of my being.
A cold grey darkness fills my soul; an empty lifeless feeling.
I try to smile and lift my eyes and think a happy thought.
My thinking is dead and I find instead; all happiness is lost.
Where is the life I had as a child the happy free existence?
Gone away, leaving me to face life where hope seems missing.
Comments about Empty by Mark Normand
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl