Essence Of The Village And New Dawn! - Poem by nimal dunuhinga
Soot over the chimney
And hoot wakes up the moody.
A Man wears an overall
With a spade he puts charcoal.
Moves slowly the steam engine
Early in the morning!
Train goes passing meadows
Cows eat the grass
Ferry crosses and the church bell rings
The baker rolls the dough
A man with a plough,
The van brings the newspapers from the town
And the middle aged skinny driver's strange behaviour
With the widowed milkmaid turned into a new folklore
And sooner or later that definitely goes to the paper?
to my faraway poet friend robyn selters in gratitude!
Comments about Essence Of The Village And New Dawn! by nimal dunuhinga
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda