Fragile - Poem by Mohammed Jaffer
From the farthest depth of my heart,
Frustration mounts like unfinished art.
Feelings are scattered with no direction.
Far away is the unknown destination.
Funny how life is never simple,
For I will give anything for a sweet dimple.
Fences are built around our fragile hearts,
Fearing the pain of piercing darts.
Everyday waking up to an empty bed,
Erasing the many scars in my head.
Evenings spent alone thinking my reason to be.
Echoing voices trying to soothe the pain in me.
Emptiness seems to be the end result,
Eager I am to start an inner revolt.
Except I am full of fear.
Ending this will require an attentive ear.
Comments about Fragile by Mohammed Jaffer
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Mohammed Jaffer's Other Poems
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl