! G*d Unnamed - Poem by Michael Shepherd
So many are reluctant, in their speech,
to make referral to the name of God;
as if to speak thus is to overreach
what may by human mind be understood.
Yet is it not the given power of mind
to do this very thing, and boldly seek
always the greater picture, there to find
the greater causes, and of them to speak?
Our consciousness is greater than the Sun;
it shines beyond the shadows of the mind;
in universal thoughts that look to One
a richer life this greater love may find.
Thus unnamed unity may head our quest;
for Goodness, Truth and Beauty there still rest..
Comments about ! G*d Unnamed by Michael Shepherd
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl